Wednesday 27 March 2019

Robbie's trio of poems for Sea Week

Robbie Is A Stingray

As I flop into the water,
I gracefully let my blue and white arms out.
I lazily flap them up and down
As I open my mouth to eat.

As my tummy gets bigger,
I feel like it’s time for a game,
so I start to dive-bomb 
and crazily flap my fins in the air.

As the sun goes down, 
I sleepily sink to the bottom of the ocean,
getting ready for a new day.


Hokitika Beach
As we came out of the bush, 
the warm sun poured down on us.
Soft golden sand got everywhere.
The rough sea chasing us, 
but running back to its home,
for the hot, dry sand was too much for it.
The quartz felt as smooth as polished pounamu,
but as rough as my dad’s hands.
That memory will stay with me for a long time.

You Better Hide, Crab!
You better hide, crab, or they’ll grab you!
You better fight them, and they’ll take flight.
And when the tide comes, you better sink, 
or you’ll find yourself in the deep fryer!


No comments:

Post a Comment