Thursday 29 June 2023

Rain Poems from Team Roto

Another bounty of brilliant poems from our year 4 poets!


One Rainy Day
by Kelvin M

Wobbly worms wiggle on the path
fat heavy raindrops drip on my umbrella

frightening lightning cracks the sky
below the booming clouds

expanding ripples explode in puddles
dancing wind howls in midair

freezing hail crashes onto car roofs
little kids slip on dewy grass
huge umbrellas swoosh above my head


A Rainy Day
by Harper B

Pink worms slowly emerge 
from the muddy, brown ground 
to avoid the dirty puddles.

Listen to thunder go
Boom! Boom! 
like a bomb

Hail starts to appear
Wind steals rainbow umbrellas
and they float through the cold air

The sun slowly rises 
and a colourful rainbow forms


Rain
by Amy Z

Tapping on my pink ice cream umbrella,
cute little raindrops
dancing funny little movements
jumping and splashing
oh what fun they’re having!

Sparkly raindrops drip
on my freezing, cold hands.
Brrr!

I quickly unzip my pink unicorn bag,
I grab my gloves and hat
to keep warm.


Rainy Days
by Aggie H

I can hear you
splashing, creating
puddles

I can see you
drizzling down 
the enormous, blocked roof

I can feel you
getting colder
as you get bigger and bigger, 
rain

I can taste you-
salty when you pass by
the big sea

I can smell you
soggy,
like a soggy, old waffle



On a Rainy Day
by Courtney C

Footprints indent on mud
Kids run to their warm, cosy classrooms
Traffic slowly moves as it becomes giant
A scarf flies off a freezing girl’s neck
Car horns beep loudly
as the carpark overflows.



Heavy Rain
by Courtney C

I can hear you 
dripping into the gutter
racing down my window

Worms crawl
out of their flooded muddy houses

Birds take shelter
under the trees

Droplets of rain 
shimmy down leaves

I can feel hail hitting
my back like little bouncy balls

I can taste freezing raindrops
dissolving on my tongue

No comments:

Post a Comment