Tuesday 1 July 2014

Russley Writers Win!

Russley School entered a nationwide poetry competition, run by Poetry Box and the NZ Book Council. The competition was for a school entry of 25 poems from a range of ages. The competition was judged by author Paula Green and Catriona Ferguson, the director of the New Zealand Book Council.

It is with great pleasure that I announce that the winner of the South Island division, was Russley School

Congratulations to the following Russley writers whose fantastic writing wowed the judges and helped our school win a two day visit from Paula Green to run poetry workshops, courtesy of the NZ Book Council. 

Finn D, for his poem 'I am Finn'
Jorja S, 'I am Jorja'
Noah, I am Noah'
Carlos S, 'I am Carlos'
Soverin, 'I Wish'
Michael V, 'I Wish'
Waka, 'I Wish I Was Famous'
Xavier, 'I Wish'
Nehemiah, 'I Wish I was Famous and Rich'
Hannah M, 'I Wish I Lived in Candyland'
Hannah L-M, 'I Wish I Could Change the World'
Bridget G, 'I Wish I Had a Sheep'
Sacha W, 'The Lady Who Stood There'
Brayden D, 'Winter Freeze'
Holly S-Y, 'Wintry Night'
Azryn C, 'Wet Feet'
Quinton O, 'I Am Unstoppable'
Ben T, 'Cutting Cold'
Riley H, 'Snowfall'
Ben M, 'Winter Has Come Again'
Mitchell F, 'The Night Frost'
Kaitlin C, 'Winter'
Jessica Y, 'Jessica's Winter'
Monica K, 'The Painting'
Olivia C, 'Raindrops'


I will post some of our winning poems on our Russley Writers' blog over the next few days, so keep checking back!

No comments:

Post a Comment