Tuesday 5 November 2019

The Day I Discovered My Teacher Was a Witch...

Our Russley Writers had fun writing stories for a recent competition, from author Michele Clark McConnochie and New York publisher, Morgan James Kids. 

The students had to imagine they had discovered their teacher was a witch. Here is one of my favourites...



Mrs Brew
- by Eabha Dalton


It was a calm, foggy day at school. My teacher asked me to deliver a note to my headmistress. I was power walking to the office, when I go there and opened the purple door. To my astonishment, there were cobwebs in the corner and a black cat lying on the windowsill. I could hear a creaky noise. I turned to see a broom sweeping the floor… by itself! 
‘Help!’ I screamed in fright.
‘It’s OK, me dear,’ said a croaky, old voice. It was Mrs Brew. The Headmistress.
She was wearing her usual sparkly, black earrings and matching necklace. Her flowing purple dress reached the floor with ease, and she wore her worn, pointed hat. I dropped the note from my teacher and ran. 
‘Have a nice day!’ I yelled, as I slammed the door.
When I got back to class, I told my friend, and she said, ‘Didn’t you know she was a witch?”
My stomach dropped.


No comments:

Post a Comment