Friday 23 August 2024

National Poetry Day

 


Happy National Poetry Day!

To celebrate, here's a selection of poems from some of our Russley Writing Club authors . . . 

Orange Sky 

Orange sky swallowing
me

Light shines on rocks
in the shallow sea

Fishnets capture the
falling sky

Sand consuming my
day

Cool air overcomes
the morning
hot shower

Clouds shapeshifting
pelicans playing

Crabs snapping
twigs

Seaweed brushes the twirling sea

The sky no more

Hereby night in shining
stars

My eyes slam like a
closing clam

The soft smell of fish sends
troops up my nose

I see no sand or beach

My imagination up and
wild

I see the sand once
again

My orange sky 
you’re the key to my heart

by Greta, age 11yrs



My Mother

Her long fingers glide 
across the calculator
Her colourful scarves change 
throughout the week

She cracks the egg 
with one hand 
and mixes it into the family recipe
orange cake that
lingers in your mouth 
for days

Her help is in every corner
of the house 
when you need it
Her kindness is
everlasting and
will last a lifetime

by Moaz, Age 12



Ode To My Spikes

Dear Spikes, 
Oh, how I love the way you grip!
Blue spikes
fast spikes
good spikes
cleaner than a new car spikes
sprinting, turning, bolting spikes
rushing, trotting, racing spikes!

by Joshua M, age 10



No comments:

Post a Comment