Thursday 26 September 2024

Year 4 Given Word Poems

Enjoy these Given Word Poems from our Year 4 students. I think they did an amazing job of getting all five of the Given words in their poems! Look out for them: feather, eat, time, whisper, phantasmagoria.


Beach Dreams

I hear the waves calling me
while I look 
for a phantasmagoria 
of rainbow feathers, 
gold and magic shells
buried in the smooth sand

I watch
a baby seagull
eat a sandwich

I look at the time
wow!
it’s already 1pm

I hear a whisper
coming from far away, out in
the ocean

I wonder
what it’s saying?
Hmmm . . . maybe it’s saying
there’s more treasure in there?

by Bridget I.


The Sun and the Moon

A bright moon starts to appear
in the dark sky
when the phantasmagoria
hits my eyes
and the whisper smacks
the drum of my ear
time ticks
almost time to go home

going home in the shiny car
when we arrive
I eat cereal
then tuck into bed
lie down on the duck feather pillow

I wake up and look outside
for the moon
but why is it not there?

by Ella K.


Phantasmagoria



Beach Day

I hear the waves whisper to me
I see my friends eating a vanilla ice cream
from mr whippy’s van

I stare at the time while it hits nine
I find a girl with a phantasmagoria of shells,
silver and gold,
feathers and dusty autumn leaves

I feel the sand touch my feet
as the waves come crashing to me
I start to wobble
I tumble on my knees
while a crab as red as fire
pinches my feet

I see a seagull munching
on my friend’s ice cream
Bridget screams, Ahhh!
I shoo the seagull away to the bridge
but . . . where did that crab go?

by Celia A.



At the Scary Restaurant

It’s time to eat dinner
at the fancy diner.
The whisper of the wind 
blew a duck feather in.
The diner ghosted me
on the leather seat,
if felt like phantasmagoria
while I was eating.
Is this a dream?
Or a nightmare?

by Maggie M.


The Shadow

Panting,
Hoping for
A glass of water and something to eat,
Night comes
To an end, just a dream, but
A tree crates an unusual
Shadow one
Moment in time,
A dark feather like shape
Growls, and I whisper, hello?
Only
Roxy,
I laugh
As my ginger puppy jumps on me!

by Thomas C.


The Secret

I wake up to my orange clock
the time is 8 o’clock
I hear the chime
I go downstairs to eat.

My friend 
whispers me a secret
I gasp.

my baby brother finds a feather,
black and white,
it tickles
my nose.

I felt a phantasmagoria
of emotion 
come to me and then
vanish.

by Thomas C.



No comments:

Post a Comment