Thursday 26 September 2024

More Given Word Poems

Here are a few more poems written for the Given Word Poetry Competition, from our senior poets. See if you can spot all five of the Given Words, which had to be included: feather, whisper, time, eat, PHANTASMAGORIA.

                                      
Titanic

I look up at the ship of dreams
or is it just a 
phantasmagoria

Is it there – but I can hear the 
whispers of excitement 
ladies wearing feather and tulle hats  
and leather shoes stomping around

I look at my ticket then check the time
should I go on – or go to
The Grapes
to grab something to
eat,
or maybe a final drink?

By Daisy



The Beach is a Phantasmagoria

The beach is a phantasmagoria,
a fantastic fantasy in an auditorium. 
As the waves eat at the sand 
I hear a faint whisper 
almost like my elder sister. 

Time is flying fast now
although I don't know how. 
As a feather brushes past my nose 
I forget all my foes. 

The perfect place to start from scratch
as I look over my shoulder 
at the joyful bach.
It's easy to stay but hard to go . . . 

By: Mila C


Hallucination

Phantoms
Hovering
Above
New Zealand
The wind whispers like 
A
Snake as it eats 
Mice one
At a time,
Griffins with golden feathers swoop down,
Orcas 
Racing
In the crashing waves 
At the beach

by Perez S






PHANTASMAGORIA AT THE GOLF COURSE


Purple dazzling feathers

Happily falling from the
Aquarium roof in the
Night sky
Ticking off time
As we eat
Spinach with a lovely scent of
Mild mint sauce, all
At the
Golf course cafe
Observing every little thing while my dad is
Racing my sister
In
A one hundred metre spring race



by Brodie M


 

As Night Ate the Day


As night ate the day

And the sun went away,

While looking up there

In the world where,

I remember a story

In my history.


Where stars twinkle and dance

I hear a whisper

with my lovely sister,


We’re having a magical time

We feel like birds in warm feathers

in a phantasmagoria dream


by Victoria K


No comments:

Post a Comment